Corrective Chiropractic Can Provide Scoliosis Care in London, ON
Scoliosis is a condition that causes curvature of the spine. We can provide expert care for scoliosis and several other conditions at Corrective Chiropractic in London, ON. The following are several questions regarding scoliosis.
What Is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is when the spine is curved sideways. An individual with scoliosis will have a crest shaped like a C or an S instead of a straight one. Some people have mild cases that are barely noticeable, while others have a more severe curved spine.
What Are the Different Types of Scoliosis?
There are different types, including the following:
- Congenital Scoliosis - As a person is born with this condition, it starts as the spine forms before birth.
- Idiopathic Scoliosis - Up to 85% of cases fall into this category, most of which are unknown causes.
- Degenerative Scoliosis - Adults get this condition later in life due to age.
- Neuromuscular Scoliosis - This condition affects muscles and nerves, leading to scoliosis.
- Neuromuscular Disorders - This leads to scoliosis, including spinal cord injuries, muscular dystrophy, and cerebral palsy.
What Causes Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is not contagious. Although, it does tend to run in the family. Causes might include one or more of the following:
- Birth Defects
- Injuries and Infections
- Previous Surgery
- Neuromuscular Conditions
What Are the Symptoms of Scoliosis?
Some of the most common symptoms include uneven shoulders, one hip higher than the other, or part of the rib cage jutting forward. Some individuals may experience shoulder pain, leg pain, or back pain. In addition, a pinched nerve may occur and lead to numb legs.
Is Scoliosis Curable?
While scoliosis usually can't be cured, it is a treatable condition. In addition, some non-invasive treatment options can help cure or eliminate many symptoms associated with this condition.
How Can Our Chiropractor Help?
Our chiropractor can provide several treatment options when caring for those with scoliosis.
- We may teach strengthening exercises to support joints in the back.
- Guide those to move in new ways and walk to reduce pain.
- With treatment, we can help with spinal alignment and improve posture.
Why Choose Corrective Chiropractic?
If you have a curved spine and are experiencing leg pain, back pain, shoulder pain, or numbness due to a pinched nerve, chiropractic care may help. Corrective Chiropractic provides exceptional chiropractic care for various conditions, including scoliosis. Contact us at Corrective Chiropractic in London, ON, for more information at (519) 474-6808.