If you have leg pain, walking and performing most activities can be challenging. If you visit a chiropractor for leg pain relief, you may be able to overcome leg pain with proper care. Is knee, ankle, or foot pain getting the better of you in London, ON? Book an appointment with Corrective Chiropractic for pain relief.
What Are the Causes of Your Leg Pain?
Why does my leg hurt? The causes could be many. The common causes of leg pain include:
- Sciatica: The sciatica nerve is the longest nerve in the body, traveling from the lower back to the back of one of your legs. If this nerve is irritated or damaged, you may experience pain that follows the path of this nerve, ending up in the back of your leg and to the foot.
- Neuropathy: It’s a condition where the nerves in your body become damaged, resulting in symptoms like pain, tingling, numbness, and weakness in the lower extremities.
- Arthritis: If you have osteoarthritis, the cartilage that separates joints wears down, causing bones to rub against each other, which leads to pain and stiffness. Rheumatoid arthritis occurs when your immunity system attacks your joints. Both forms of arthritis lead to leg pain, especially in the knees.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal column doesn’t cause pain in the back only. It may result in tingling and numbness in the lower extremities.
- Sprains and strains: Injuries may cause your leg’s tendons and ligaments to overstretch, leading to pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
- Tendinitis: Tendons connect muscles to bones, and when they get inflamed, you might experience pain and stiffness.
If you have leg pain, it can be frustrating. However, if you visit our chiropractor, you can get help to regain your healthy self within no time.
How Chiropractors Treat Leg Pain
Since there are numerous causes of leg pain, the first step is to diagnose the cause of your pain. Here, we take your medical history, ask you to describe the pain, and administer physical examinations to help pinpoint the exact location of the pain. We will also perform a detailed x-ray analysis to assess the structure of your spine to see where the cause of the problem is. After confirming the root cause of the leg pain, we may administer any of the treatments below:
- Spinal adjustments: Since most leg pains (like sciatica and spinal stenosis) can be referred from the back, specific spinal adjustments corrects misaligned spinal joints to help lift pressure off the nervous system. As a result, you may experience reduced pain and improved mobility.
- Stretching exercises: Strengthening exercises can aid mobility and can strengthen your leg muscles to avoid future injuries.
Contact Us for Help with Leg Pain from Our Chiropractor
Ready to win the battle against leg pain? Book an appointment with us at Corrective Chiropractic serving London, ON. We have the experience and expertise to help provide relief for leg pain. Call us at (519) 474-6808.